Hit Songwriter Concert Santa Barbara 2010 Press Release
PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 6, 2010
Local Press Contact: Christina Grimm at Tel. (805) 698-3580
HIT SONGWRITER CONCERT AT THE RANCHO SANTA YNEZ MARRIOTT HOTEL SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2010 AT 7:30PM
A Hit Songwriter Concert will be the culmination of this year’s Durango Songwriter’s Expo on Saturday, February 27, at 7:30pm at the Rancho Santa Ynez Marriott in Buellton. Featured songwriters for the annual concert include:
* Chuck Cannon: “I Love the Way You Love Me” for John Michael Montgomery/Boyzone and hits such as “How Do You Like Me Now” for Toby Keith. See www.ChuckCannon.com.
* Alissa Moreno: “Every Day” for Rascal Flatts (Best Song nominee at 2009 Grammy Awards)/”Far from Here” as theme for “Army Wives”. See www.AlissaMoreno.com.
* Big Al Anderson: “Unbelievable” for Diamond Rio, “All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down” for the Mavericks, and a long list of hits for many artists. See www.BigAlAnderson.com.
* Jill Sobule: “I Kissed a Girl” (original version) and “Supermodel.” See www.myspace.com/jillsobule.
* Tim Fagan: “Lucky” for Jason Mraz. See www.myspace.com/timfagen.
The public can purchase tickets for Saturday night’s Hit Songwriter Concert at the Marriott for $25. As the culmination of the Expo, these concerts have always offered a wonderful insight into how ideas are transformed into songs that have an impact on our culture – in addition to presenting top-quality live music.
One of the nation’s premier singer/songwriter events, the Durango Songwriter Expo is a combination of workshops, panels, listening sessions, showcases, songwriting workshops, and open mics. With registration limited to just 200 attendees and more than 40 music-industry pros and hit songwriters, this rewarding expo provides unparalleled networking opportunities.
For information and registration: www.Durango-Songwriters-Expo.com or call Jim Attebery at (970) 259-9747.