|REGISTER FOR FALL EXPO BY JULY 31st FOR ONLY $250
Announcing The DSE's 2011-2 Write With A Hit-Maker Songwriting Contest!
OK songwriters we are now LIVE WITH WWAHM 2011-2!
Just a few preliminary notes:
--There are TWO CATEGORIES, POP and COUNTRY, for this contest.
--The cost to enter is $45 for one category and $75 for two.
--You can submit up to two songs in each category.
--There is no Film/TV category for this contest but the winners will get a huge push to our Film and TV Music Supervisors (see the TERMS AND CONDITIONS below).
--Have public view on or off
--Upload a picture with your song
--Provide a LINK TO BUY THIS SONG
Note--You must create a login name and password to enter any of our contests. (We make a workspace in the cloud for all entrants. You can start a submission, save it, and come back to it later to finish--without finalizing payment.) This is important because many times entrants wish to change their song or category before submitting. It's a very unique and helpful feature!
We are also extremely excited about the two hit songwriters who have agreed to co-write with our winners. Keith Follese (over 200 cuts with major artists!) is one of the most successful songwriters in Nashville and Vince Melamed is an iconic country/rock piano player and songwriter. He's played with everyone including Dylan, The Eagles, Jimmy Buffet and many more, and co-authored the legendary duet by Don Henley and Trisha Yearwood, "Walkaway Joe" (written with Greg Barnhill, also a past Expo participant). As usual the Expo has attracted top mentors to co-write with the winners!
TERMS and CONDITIONS
ENTER WWAHM NOW!
- ONE WINNER in EACH CATEGORY will be selected for COUNTRY and POP/ROCK.
- Winners will be selected based on the quality of the song(s) submitted.
- A maximum of TWO SONGS per category will be reviewed.
- Songs should be submitted by uploading directly to the form, along with a TYPED LYRIC SHEET for each song.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of music industry professionals who will make the FINAL decision.
- All song entries, along with payment, must be RECEIVED NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 16th, 2011.
- Winners will be selected and notified by September 23rd, 2011.
- The winner in each category will receive free Registration in the 2011 Boulder/Broomfield (CO) Durango Songwriters EXPO (a $299 value), OCT 6-8th, 2011.
- The winner in the Country Category will write a song at the EXPO with hit songwriter Keith Follese. The winner in the Pop/Rock Category will write a song at the EXPO with hit songwriter Vince Melamed.
- NEW! Each winning song will be sent by DSE to all of our associates who work in Film and TV Supervision. In addition, each winner's catalog (one CD) will be included in our second annual Film and TV Expo (May 17-19th, 2012) product bags which puts your songs literally in the hands of some of the top Film and TV Music Supervisors in the industry. (Each winner will need to provide 20-25 CDS of their material for the 2012 Film and TV Expo Supervisors.)
- THREE RUNNERS UP in each of the COUNTRY and POP/ROCK categories will win HALF PRICE Expo Registration (a $150 value).
- Co-written songs MAY BE SUBMITTED. However the SONG is chosen as winner and therefore the prize(s) are awarded to the PERSON SUBMITTING TO THE CONTEST (completing and signing this form).
- Transportation to the EXPO, meals and lodging, are the responsibility of the participants.
WWAHM 2011-2 VOTING SITE
Essential Reading for the Serious Songwriter
Join us on facebook